Feeling Numb (Release Date: 12.07.2012)
1. Feeling Numb (Single Version)
2. Feeling Numb (Tomtation Remix)
3. Feeling Numb (Gerald Peklar Remix)
4. Feeling Numb (Sacco Remix)
5. Feeling Numb (Stereo Wasted Remix)
‘Feeling Numb’ – a melancholic, trance-influenced dream pop track – is at times reminiscent of Lily Allen with its flowing chorus and fragile vocals.
The single contains four very versatile remixes. While Tomtation’s remix is a positive dance track with big room house and dubstep elements, the mixes of Gerald Peklar and Stereo Wasted are more subtle and focus on classic tech house and techno. Last but not least Sacco Vanzetti turns in a solid house track which works perfectly in the club.
DANCE INTO THE MORNING (Re-Release Date: 08.06.2012)
1. Dance Into The Morning
2. Dance Into The Morning (Video Mix)
3. Dance Into The Morning (Electric Radio Mix)
4. Dance Into The Morning (Tomttation Remix)
5. Dance Into The Morning (Bartellow Remix)
6. Dance Into The Morning (Freaksound Remix)
With its catchy bass line, husky vocals, and socially critical lyrics, ‘Dance Into The Morning’ immediately reached Number 13 on the FM4 charts (the radio station of Austria’s National Broadcasting Corporation).
The music video was shot at the arts and culture festival ‘Schmiede’ in 2010.
The single includes five remixes – two by the band itself and three guest remixes.
Bartellow’s mix of ‘Dance Into The Morning’ is a very danceable house track, with sounds echoing early 90s video games.
DEBUT ALBUM – DIFFERENT BELIEVERS (Release Date: 27.01.2012)
2. Dance Into The Morning
3. I Gave Up
4. Different Believers
5. Feeling Numb
6. To Think Of You
8. Secrets Of Love
9. Who Cares
12. Tell Me Why
13. Dance Into The Morning (Video Edit)
14. Here Tonight (Madonna Mix)
15. Different Believers (Piano Mix)
Symphonic pop harmonies, tight, minimal beats, soulful vocals, and house-infused arrangements: Allen Alexis does not back away from either hammering rave or playful electro. To begin imagining their sound, think Lily Allen meets Roger Sanchez at a Phoenix concert.
Allen Alexis’ distinct handling of various styles and genres, plus the exceptional use of 1980′s sounds, makes this record an ageless gem.
DIFFERENT BELIEVERS (Release Date: 11.11.2011)
1. Different Believers (Single Version)
2. Different Believers (Piano Mix)
3. Different Believers (Freaksound Version)
4. Different Believers (Composing Session)
The original synthie-pop track about disappointments and letting go works well both on the radio and in the club, while the piano mix of ‘Different Believers’ strips the song down to its melancholic essence. The single contains two other remixes as well.
SECRETS OF LOVE (Release Date: 30.07.2010)
1. Secrets Of Love (Radio Mix)
2. Secrets Of Love (Electric Lamb Remix)
3. Tell Me Why (Album Version)
The romantic guitar synthie track ‘Secrets of Love’ caught the attention of several Austrian and German radio stations. With its catchy chorus and emotional verses this musical profession of love turned out to be one of the band’s most popular songs.
The other part of Allen Alexis’ double single is ‘Tell Me Why’ – a euphoric ‘Underworld’-inspired club banger with a strong 90′s feel.
The single also contains a remix version of ‘Secrets of Love’, and this ‘Electric Lamb Remix’ has been Allen Alexis’ most successful track so far.
HERE TONIGHT (Release Date: 01.02.2010)
1. Here Tonight
2. Here Tonight (Mike Burns Remix)
3. Here Tonight (Precious K Remix)
4. Here Tonight (Newbornchristians Remix)
5. Here Tonight (Newbornchristians Remix Radio Edit)
6. Here Tonight (Hell&Heaven Mix)
When Allen Alexis released their debut single in 2009 it came as a bombshell to the Austrian music scene. ‘Here Tonight’ reached the Top 5 on the FM4 charts (the radio station of Austria’s National Broadcasting Corporation), and was also selected for the 21st edition of the well-known compilation series “FM4 Sound Selection”.
The maxi-single includes remixes by Precious K, Newbornchristians, Mike Burns and by the band itself.